Are you looking for a way to straighten your smile but don’t want to go the traditional route with braces? You don’t have to with Invisalign! Here at Marvel Orthodontics, we are pleased to offer you a clear alternative to braces.
Our specialists have helped many happy clients straighten their teeth. Check out below what this kind of orthodontic treatment can provide you.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth without the use of wires or brackets.
Instead, patients wear custom-made plastic aligners that fit snugly over their teeth. Most people receive numbered aligners that they can change out approximately every two weeks. For the best results, we suggest wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours each day.
This treatment corrects issues like crooked teeth, overbites, underbites, and malocclusion.
What Are the Pros & Cons of Invisalign?
Invisalign comes with both benefits and disadvantages:
- Aesthetics: Some people avoid seeking orthodontic treatment because they feel self-conscious about the way it will look. However, the clear trays you wear during Invisalign treatment are virtually invisible. Chances are your friends, family, and co-workers won’t notice you wearing them.
- Convenience: If you need to take out your aligners, you can do so at any time! You can eat any of the foods you want and keep up with proper oral hygiene.
- Comfort: Without the brackets and wires associated with braces, clear aligners are very easy to get used to.
- Time: We will typically review you every 8-12 weeks. Therefore, less visits to the orthodontist and less interruption to your daily routine.
- Age limit: There is no specific age requirement for Invisalign candidates. However, a healthy dose of self-discipline is needed for the best results. We’ve found that patients who are slightly older and who can assume responsibility for their treatment are better candidates, ie. teens and adults.
- The possibility for prolonged treatment: You must follow your orthodontist’s wear instructions. Otherwise, you may end up with a more extended treatment period.
Overall, Invisalign produces noticeable results with minimal drawbacks if wear instructions are adhered to.
What to Expect During Treatment
Our team will take photographs, digital X-rays, and digital scans of your teeth to begin your treatment. From there, we will design a treatment plan. We’ll send these plans to the lab to fabricate your customised aligners.
The lab uses advanced 3D computer imaging and manufacturing techniques to make the aligners. The process ensures that your aligners will deliver precise results.
Once your aligners arrive, we will distribute several of them to you at a time. You can visit our clinic every eight to twelve weeks to receive new aligners. We’ll also assess your progress to determine if any adjustments are necessary.
How to Look After Your Invisalign
To experience the best results, you will need to wear your aligners for most of each day of treatment.
Every morning, we advise that you take them out and thoroughly clean both your teeth and aligners.
You need to remove your aligners throughout the day to eat. Just be sure to wash them out with water before putting them back in again. When possible, brush your teeth or wash your mouth out with water before putting your aligners back on.